Opensea launches its new marketplace protocol ‘Seaport’. eBay partners with OneOf to debut its first sports-themed NFT collection. GameStop announces crypto wallet for NFT marketplace.
- Leading NFT marketplace Opensea recently launched Seaport, a new marketplace protocol that allows users to trade their NFTs with assets other than just payment tokens. According to its blog post, individual NFTs could be specified in a trade, which opens up a new trading experience for NFT holders.
- E-commerce platform eBay is launching the Genesis NFT collection, a series of animated 3D renditions of iconic athletes who graced the cover of Sports Illustrated throughout the years. This is in partnership with green NFT marketplace OneOf, which announced in February that it acquired the rights to repurpose SI’s images and offer them as collectibles.
- Video game retailer and meme stock company GameStop launched the beta version of its browser-based non-custodial wallet, which lets users securely store, send, and receive cryptocurrencies and NFTs across a wide range of decentralised apps without having to exit their browser tab. This is in line with its plans to launch a gaming-themed NFT marketplace around Q2 2022.
- LooksRare recorded a -42% decrease in sales and a +51% jump in transactions from last week. Meanwhile, OpenSea recorded a -32% decrease in sales and a +88% jump in transactions.
Crypto.com NFT in the Spotlight
- UFC® has partnered with Gian Galang for their first NFT artist collaboration. This “UFC x Gian Galang” drop features portraits of some of the most exciting fighters in the UFC today: Israel Adesanya, Valentina Shevchenko and Conor McGregor. Each portrait was created with acrylic paint on watercolour paper and features an animated colour shift in the digital manifestation of each piece.
- You could have been a Bored Ape or a Pudgy Penguin or a Gassy Gorilla or a Drunk Badger, but you chose to be a Loaded Lion, the king of the CRO jungle. Now show pride in your pride with the first ever “Own Every Word x Loaded Lions: Expansion Pack” featuring 100 totally unique 1-of-1 words that roar off the screen. This drop is exclusive to Mane Netizens holding a Loaded Lions NFT.
- OpenSea delists Solana Okay Bears knockoff Not Okay Bears
- BAYC dropped 50% in price since early May
- Amid market downturn, ‘Goblintown’ NFTs have their moment
- Getty Images to launch NFT marketplace with Candy Digital
- Universal Music Group to release NFTs on LimeWire’s Algorand marketplace
- Foundation NFT abandons invite-only creator policy
- NFT holders airdropped singles from Snoop’s and Steve Aoki’s new EP
- Digital collectible owners continue to take loans out using NFTs as collateral
- Ethereum Name Service hits all-time high in monthly revenue – and May’s not over
- Looking to invest in vintage wine? There’s an NFT coming for that
- Robinhood to go Web3 with NFT-enabled non-custodial wallet
- Targeted phishing scam nets $438K in crypto and NFTs from hacked Beeple account
Transaction Volume Benchmark
The following chart shows selected top NFTs and their historical floor prices.
Upcoming NFT Sales
The following table shows the top upcoming NFT sales and a sample of their art.
|Project Name||Sale Date||Price||Items||Market Cap||Sample|
|Country Ape Squad||1 June 2022||0.3 (ETH)||10,000||3,000 (ETH)|
|Anim4rt||29 May 2022||0.3 (ETH)||10,000||3,000 (ETH)|
|MetaSea Pirates||30 May 2022||1.5 (SOL)||5,550||8,325 (SOL)|
|Sol Coin Collections||11 Jun 2022||1.00 (SOL)||7,000||7,000 (SOL)|
|Pepe Frens||10 June 2022||200.00 (CRO)||750||150,000 (CRO)|