- Bitcoin Core 23.0 has been released. The update now supports the new Taproot address type and touts better transaction fee estimates. Meanwhile, Bitcoin (BTC) recorded a lifetime hashrate high of 271.19EH/s towards the end of the week.
- The Cardano (ADA) Vasil hard fork is set to take place in June 2022 and is expected to enhance the blockchain and its smart contracts platform Plutus. In a Twitter thread, IOHK introduced Plutus Core together with details on its smart contracts framework.
- Cronos (CRO) saw a +6.85% increase in total transactions to 35.11M, while its TVL grew to US$3.82B (+4.76% week-on-week). The total number of wallet addresses now stands at 707,251, up +3.60% from last week.
- Flare gas-powered Bitcoin miner Crusoe Energy Systems raises US$505M
- Fort Worth, Texas to vote on whether to become a Bitcoin miner
- Litentry has officially won the 15th Polkadot parachain auction
- Moonbuilders Academy is now open for Web3 developers
- Polygon launches ‘Supernet’ chains, pledges US$100M to Web3 developers
- Public blockchain Kadena launches US$100M Web3 grant program
- 400 new projects and 100K new wallets in a month on Cardano
- Algorand launches first smart contract to offset carbon emissions: Details
- ConsenSys affected by stolen OAuth attack campaign
- Getting Shibby with it: SHIB burning portal launches
- Boba Network announces Hackathon prizes
Layer 1 Project Metrics
Layer 2 Project Metrics